- School Re-Examined
- Project Update: In Students’ Own Words
- Learning That Matters
- SAMR: Don’t Get Stuck On “S!”
- Wake Up Fellow Educators! The Age of Knowledge is here!
- How Technology is Not Ruining My Classroom
- Games Not To Play in School
- A Moment of Clarity
- Identifying Obstacles to Learning
- Terrariums: Antidote for Winter Blues!
- Stepping Off the Treadmill
- Questioning Everything
- Kids Crave Feedback
- What’s Wrong with Tests?
- 4,783 hits
Tag Archives: Learning is social and emotional
Just four years ago there was a “no screens” rule in my classroom. Open laptops were forbidden, I-pads frowned upon, and cell phones a target. I wanted my students’ full attention at all times and it seemed obvious to me … Continue reading →
Pop quizzes, strictly timed tests, surprise notebook checks, all seem to be about “Catching Kids Not Knowing.” It is an old game familiar to everyone who has been a student. The idea, I suppose, is to create a state of … Continue reading →